Hundreds enjoy sunny Trimley Carnival
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds cheered on a colourful procession through the Trimleys on Saturday at the twin villages’ annual carnival.
This year’s procession, which was themed around musicals, saw floats depicting the Lion King, Mamma Mia, Saturday Night Fever, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and others parade though Trimley St Mary and Trimley St Martin.
Crowds were then treated to a host of stalls, displays, a disco, fairground rides and a barbecue at Trimley Sports and Social Club.
Nick McSweeney, from the club’s carnival committee, said the event had been a huge success.
“It was busier than last year and the weather was really good,” he said.
“We had a great turnout and everything ran as smoothly as we could have hoped. We easily had 1,000 people come along.
“We found out we even have people from Middlesborough who come down for it.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 6 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 7 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 8 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 9 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 10 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
“They come from far afield for our carnival.”