Fund set up for tragic accident victim
MEMORIES of Kiara Stevenson-Mann are to be kept fresh in Ipswich minds, thanks to an appeal being launched today.The Evening Star is today kicking off the Kiara Fund, , in a bid to raise cash for whatever form of memorial her parents decide upon.
MEMORIES of Kiara Stevenson-Mann are to be kept fresh in Ipswich minds, thanks to an appeal being launched today.
The Evening Star is today kicking off the Kiara Fund, , in a bid to raise cash for whatever form of memorial her parents decide upon.
The Star has already received several enquiries from people saddened after the young Ipswich girl was killed just days before her sixth birthday.
Kiara, from Ireland Road, was riding her bike along Landseer Road, Ipswich, when she was involved in a collision with a coach on Thursday. She died from the head injuries she suffered.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest into her tragic death was being opened today at Ipswich Crown Court.
Kiara was described as a happy girl, who had been due to celebrate her sixth birthday yesterday , at a party to which she had invited about 15 friends.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 3 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 8 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Joy as Shotley Pier finally set to reopen after being derelict for over 30 years
Now we are to launch the appeal, which has the full backing of her family.
Kiara's dad Colin, 29, said he was touched by the idea, and sanctioned its launch.
He and Kiara's mum Michelle Stevenson, 27, have welcomed the support from everyone who has sent messages of condolence.
Donations can be sent to the Kiara Fund, care of Geraldine Thompson, Editor's Secretary, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN.