Fund set up for tragic accident victim
MEMORIES of Kiara Stevenson-Mann are to be kept fresh in Ipswich minds, thanks to an appeal being launched today.The Evening Star is today kicking off the Kiara Fund, , in a bid to raise cash for whatever form of memorial her parents decide upon.
MEMORIES of Kiara Stevenson-Mann are to be kept fresh in Ipswich minds, thanks to an appeal being launched today.
The Evening Star is today kicking off the Kiara Fund, , in a bid to raise cash for whatever form of memorial her parents decide upon.
The Star has already received several enquiries from people saddened after the young Ipswich girl was killed just days before her sixth birthday.
Kiara, from Ireland Road, was riding her bike along Landseer Road, Ipswich, when she was involved in a collision with a coach on Thursday. She died from the head injuries she suffered.
The inquest into her tragic death was being opened today at Ipswich Crown Court.
Kiara was described as a happy girl, who had been due to celebrate her sixth birthday yesterday , at a party to which she had invited about 15 friends.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 5 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 6 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
Now we are to launch the appeal, which has the full backing of her family.
Kiara's dad Colin, 29, said he was touched by the idea, and sanctioned its launch.
He and Kiara's mum Michelle Stevenson, 27, have welcomed the support from everyone who has sent messages of condolence.
Donations can be sent to the Kiara Fund, care of Geraldine Thompson, Editor's Secretary, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN.