Fund set up for tragic accident victim
MEMORIES of Kiara Stevenson-Mann are to be kept fresh in Ipswich minds, thanks to an appeal being launched today.The Evening Star is today kicking off the Kiara Fund, , in a bid to raise cash for whatever form of memorial her parents decide upon.
MEMORIES of Kiara Stevenson-Mann are to be kept fresh in Ipswich minds, thanks to an appeal being launched today.
The Evening Star is today kicking off the Kiara Fund, , in a bid to raise cash for whatever form of memorial her parents decide upon.
The Star has already received several enquiries from people saddened after the young Ipswich girl was killed just days before her sixth birthday.
Kiara, from Ireland Road, was riding her bike along Landseer Road, Ipswich, when she was involved in a collision with a coach on Thursday. She died from the head injuries she suffered.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest into her tragic death was being opened today at Ipswich Crown Court.
Kiara was described as a happy girl, who had been due to celebrate her sixth birthday yesterday , at a party to which she had invited about 15 friends.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 5 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
Now we are to launch the appeal, which has the full backing of her family.
Kiara's dad Colin, 29, said he was touched by the idea, and sanctioned its launch.
He and Kiara's mum Michelle Stevenson, 27, have welcomed the support from everyone who has sent messages of condolence.
Donations can be sent to the Kiara Fund, care of Geraldine Thompson, Editor's Secretary, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN.