Fundraising women rise to the challenge
VIDEO Daring women took up a number of challenges on water at the weekend to raise money for charity.
DARING women took up a number of challenges on water at the weekend to raise money for charity.
They were given the opportunity to windsurf, sail and canoe in the Ladies Water Challenge at Alton Water.
The event was organised by Marie Curie Cancer Care and women paid an entry fee of £10 and then had to raise a minimum of £80 in sponsorship.
Qualified instructors were provided by Alton Water Sports Centre for the event on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The charity provides high quality free nursing to terminally ill people in their homes.
N Did you take part? What did you think of the event? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 5 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 8 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
- 9 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 10 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk