Funeral date set for Rebecca
A FUNERAL date has finally been set to say goodbye to stabbed teenager Rebecca Rice.The 18-year-old, who had suffered stab wounds to her chest and back was found dead in the kitchen of her flat in Pettistree on Sunday August 6.
A FUNERAL date has finally been set to say goodbye to stabbed teenager Rebecca Rice.
The 18-year-old, who had suffered stab wounds to her chest and back was found dead in the kitchen of her flat in Pettistree on Sunday August 6.
Her funeral is to be held next Tuesday at 2pm at Wickham Market church and she is to be laid to rest in Letheringham churchyard.
Although it has been requested for family flowers only, donations can be made The International League for the Protection of Horses or the Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Trust or The Donkey Sanctuary, c/o E.B Button and Sons Ltd, 24 St John's Street, Woodbridge IP12 1EB.
You may also want to watch:
Tributes poured in for the popular teenager, known as Rebs to her many friends, as news of her death was revealed.
At the time of her death, her parents Patrick and Anne said in a statement that they would love her and miss her for the rest of their days.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 8 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
They added: “We have lost our wonderful, vibrant and beautiful daughter Rebecca for a reason we shall never comprehend or come to terms with.
“Rebecca was a kind, loving person who loved her horse Bobby and her dog Twinkle and of course her family and friends.
“She was an amazingly popular person and her personality and her spirit touched the lives of many people.”
Miss Rice, a former pupil at Thomas Mills High School in Framlingham was a promising horsewoman and a part time model.
Following Miss Rice's death, 33-year-old Stuart Adcock, who is believed to have been her boyfriend was charged with her murder.
He is due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on November 10.