Furniture set alight during arson attack on Ipswich home
- Credit: Archant
A home in Dandalan Close, off Bramford Road, Ipswich, was targeted in an arson attack last night.
Emergency services were called at 7.30pm after a window was smashed at the flat.
Furniture inside was set alight in the incident.
• Police are linking the fire to two firearms incidents in the town over night - see more here
Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze, and no-one inside the home suffered an injuries.
Three fire crews, one from Ipswich East and two from the Princes Street fire stations, were dispatched to the scene by Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
The fire crews were called at 7.32pm and had the blaze under control by 7.50pm.
Suffolk police are appealing for witnesses in connection with the incident.
- 1 A14 reopens near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 2 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 3 Former nightclub with flat conversion plan heads to auction
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer sentenced to two years in jail
- 5 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 6 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 7 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 8 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 9 Estate agent switches household’s energy supply without telling tenant
- 10 Police cordon off Felixstowe town centre car park after incident
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 101 quoting reference CAD 315 of March 6.
Alternatively people can pass on details anonymously through the crimefighting charity Crimestoppers, either by calling on 0800 555 111 or by filling out the online form here