Further appeal for witnesses
POLICE investigating an accident which left a Felixstowe boy with serious head injuries today issued a fresh appeal for witnesses – three months after the incident.
POLICE investigating an accident which left a Felixstowe boy with serious head injuries today issued a fresh appeal for witnesses - three months after the incident.
The four-year-old was found lying in the road bleeding after falling off his scooter - but what happened is still a mystery.
Officers have so far drawn a blank in their search for a red or dark red car which they believe may have been in the area at the time and the driver of which could help their inquiries.
The incident happened on Saturday November 13 around 8.45am close to an alleyway leading from Cricket Hill Road onto Grange Road, opposite the Maple House and Pine House flats.
The little boy is still in hospital - though he is making steady progress.
A police spokeswoman said: "He was taken to Ipswich Hospital, transferred to Addenbrookes on the day of the incident and remained there for several weeks.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
- 8 Architects plan to create town hall wedding venue
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 West Suffolk road partially blocked as Mercedes ends up on roof after crash
"He was then transferred back to Ipswich just before Christmas and is gradually improving, however he may require further specialist treatment."
Despite extensive enquiries and regular Saturday checks around the time of the incident, police have so far been unable to trace the driver of a red or dark red car seen in the area at the time.
They are asking anyone who thinks they may be able to help to come forward.
Officers would also like to trace anyone who was in the area between Langley Avenue and Wadgate Road between 8.30 and 8.45am on that Saturday - whether they were on foot, or drove through the area.
They are urging anyone who was there or has information which could help the investigation to contact Sergeant Chris Rodda at the force headquarters roads policing unit at Martlesham on 01473 613500.
Officers do not know if any other vehicles were involved in the accident but hope witnesses will come forward to confirm whether or not a collision took place.
After the incident, the area was cordoned off for several hours from lunchtime to late afternoon while police carried out inquiries.
n Do you know what happened in this incident? Contact The Evening Star's Felixstowe newsdesk on 01394 284109.