Future president wooed me at Ipswich ICA
SHEILA Layne has missed the chance of presidential Caribbean luxury - but she is happy with her Landseer Road home.Instead of sun-worshipping on the beach, the Ipswich woman relies on her gas fire for warmth.
SHEILA Layne has missed the chance of presidential Caribbean luxury - but she is happy with her Landseer Road home.
Instead of sun-worshipping on the beach, the Ipswich woman relies on her gas fire for warmth.
Meanwhile, her ex-husband is celebrating his appointment as president of the Caribbean country of Dominica.
Mrs Layne, 68, met, married and divorced Nicholas Liverpool within a whirlwind four-year spell in the 1950s. But she is not unhappy with her lot.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I'm not bothered. It would have been very hard to stay with him. He was far too brainy for me.”
FULL STORY IN YOUR EVENING STAR TONIGHT
- 1 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 2 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 3 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 4 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 5 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 7 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
- 10 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter