Gallery: Chantry High School days remembered 50 years on at reunion
- Credit: Archant
The faces may be a little older and the hair a little greyer but friendships were rekindled at a 50th school reunion.
Around 80 old school chums got back together at Chantry High School to mark the special anniversary.
Stories were told and past glories remembered as the attendees, some of whom were in their school uniforms last time they met, shared their life experiences.
Garry King, 61, from Holyrood Close, Ipswich, said: “It went very well, we had a good turnout; I think we had something like 80 people there which was really good.
“The lady from Canada turned up and an old school friend from Nottingham as well. It was a good night out – we thoroughly enjoyed it.
“We have not met most of the people since we left school and everyone was there trying to talk to one another.”
Mr King’s own memory of school is dominated by the moment he met his wife-to-be Marina.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 5 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 6 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 7 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 8 Kesgrave family move home to cope with 'crippling' cost of living
- 9 Man who repeatedly hit partner jailed for 64 weeks
- 10 80-year-old woman was stuck in a lift for 10 hours
The night, which was for students who attended between 1964-68, was such a success that ideas for the next one were put forward.
Mr King added: “One or two people said ‘can we not go abroad for the 65th anniversary?’
“We said we didn’t know, some people said we could go to Tenerife which would be nice but it’s a long way away.”
The night, at the Holiday Inn in London Road on Saturday, raised £200 for Cancer Campaign Suffolk.
Are you planning a school reunion? Email email@example.com.