Gallery: Charity challenge sees crowds take on fun run
A LITTLE bit of rain wasn’t going to dampen the spirits of this bunch of fundraising enthusiasts.
Novice runners and professional sprinters took on the Ipswich Big Fun Run in Christchurch Park yesterday, raising thousands of pounds for countless worthy causes.
The run saw groups of people from across the county converge on the picturesque park for the 5km charity challenge.
Event organiser Ian Holloway said the rain had put off some competitors with not all of the 230 people who had signed up taking part.
He said: “This is the first Big Fun Run we have done in Ipswich, so far this year we have organised 22 fun runs throughout the country.
“The ran has stopped some people from showing up, we had 230 register to take part.
“I would say that 90per cent of the people taking part are doing it to raise money for charity – and they all get to choose a charity which is close to their hearts.”
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 9 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
It is hoped the event will run again next run.
n Did you take on the Big Fun Run? Tell us your story. Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org