Gallery: Felixstowe’s Got Talent final night is a sell-out
- Credit: Archant
TWELVE acts will compete tonight to be Felixstowe’s top new budding star as the resort’s popular annual talent contest reaches its conclusion.
The final of Felixstowe’s Got Talent is already sold out – and organisers are once again thrilled with how the event has been supported and enjoyed by the public.
Nick Barber, chairman of Felixstowe Carnival, which organises the event, said: “It’s been fantastic and gone really well – each year just gets better and better.
“We have had some great talent on show at the heats and I am sure the final is going to be brilliant.
“Those lucky enough to have tickets can look forward to a fabulous family night out and some great entertainment.”
The top three acts voted for by the judges in each of the three heats automatically made it through to the final, plus a “wild card” chosen by the audience as its favourite each time.
Those through to the final are:
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 5 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 6 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 7 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
- 8 5 award-winning restaurants in and around Ipswich you need to visit
- 9 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 10 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
? Stacii Ellis
? Emma Peake
? Dean Roper
? Team Spirit Juniors
? Escape Reality
? Amy Edwards
? Cameron Bridge
? Imperfect Angels
? Pink Lemonade
? Kathleen Nelson
? Gussie Stafford
? Team Spirit Seniors
The heats featured a range of acts including singers, dancers, free runners, poets and a range of variety acts.
The final of the competition – main sponsor East of England Co-operative Society – is taking place at the Felixstowe Beach Holiday Park in Walton Avenue at 7pm.
Last year’s event raised more than £2,000 to help with the costs of running the town’s carnival, which takes place on August 10 and 11.