Gallery: First look inside Ipswich’s former Liquid following revamp
- Credit: Su Anderson
Club bosses are anticipating a reinvigoration of Ipswich’s night life with the opening of Unit 17.
The Ipswich Star was given a sneak preview inside the former Liquid&Envy nightclub yesterday ahead of its official launch.
Glen Freeman, general manager of Unit 17, said: “I think our product will go a long way to help driving more people into the late night economy.
“Ipswich has been crying out for something new and exciting for a number of years and Unit 17 meets this demand.”
The club opened its doors for the first time last night following a £650,000 refurbishment, with The Only Way is Essex star, Jake Hall, the first of a number of special guests to make an appearance.
You may also want to watch:
The official launch party will take place tonight with Kiss FM DJs Ricki and Melvin hitting the stage.
DJ/producers CamelPhat and Majestic will perform on Saturday.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 7 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 8 15-year-old boy to face trial over alleged Ipswich stabbing
- 9 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 10 Specialist engineers working to fix Ipswich flooding hotspot
“We are expecting it to be a huge success,” Mr Freeman added.
“We have outstanding entertainment lined up and coupled with our high levels of customer service it promises to be an exciting time.”
The venue has been revamped with three distinct rooms each playing different genres of music.
Mr Freeman said the final build and refurbishment had taken eight weeks to complete after a year of planning.
The club will open from 8pm every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.