Gallery: First look inside Ipswich’s former Liquid following revamp
- Credit: Su Anderson
Club bosses are anticipating a reinvigoration of Ipswich’s night life with the opening of Unit 17.
The Ipswich Star was given a sneak preview inside the former Liquid&Envy nightclub yesterday ahead of its official launch.
Glen Freeman, general manager of Unit 17, said: “I think our product will go a long way to help driving more people into the late night economy.
“Ipswich has been crying out for something new and exciting for a number of years and Unit 17 meets this demand.”
The club opened its doors for the first time last night following a £650,000 refurbishment, with The Only Way is Essex star, Jake Hall, the first of a number of special guests to make an appearance.
The official launch party will take place tonight with Kiss FM DJs Ricki and Melvin hitting the stage.
DJ/producers CamelPhat and Majestic will perform on Saturday.
- 1 Promising young footballer ran Ipswich 'Maxwell' drugs line
- 2 A12 to be closed over most nights for next few months due to roadworks
- 3 A14 reopens after crash leaves car on its roof
- 4 First-ever beer festival being held in village near Ipswich
- 5 Bike enthusiast Marley given fitting escort on his final journey
- 6 Police 'extremely concerned' for missing man with links to Ipswich
- 7 Apple AirPods and jewellery stolen in break-in at home in Ipswich
- 8 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 9 Did you spend a night out at the old Gainsborough Hotel pub?
- 10 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's knotweed infestations again
“We are expecting it to be a huge success,” Mr Freeman added.
“We have outstanding entertainment lined up and coupled with our high levels of customer service it promises to be an exciting time.”
The venue has been revamped with three distinct rooms each playing different genres of music.
Mr Freeman said the final build and refurbishment had taken eight weeks to complete after a year of planning.
The club will open from 8pm every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.