Hundreds pound the streets of Kesgrave in annual 5km fundraiser for Kate Moyes Memorial Fund
- Credit: Chloe Barry
Did you take part in the annual 5km fundraiser in Kesgrave today? If so, you could be pictured in our gallery.
Charlie Chaplin was among the characters spotted in Kesgrave today as the town held its annual 5km run.
A total of 380 people took part in the race, which raised more than £1,500 in entry fees alone for the Kate Moyes Memorial Fund at St Elizabeth Hospice.
Debbie McCallum, landlady at The Bell Inn in Kesgrave, who helps to organise the event, said: “It was a brilliant day – there were plenty of people on the sides of the roads cheering them on – it was great to see so many families out doing it.
“I think it has become an established Kesgrave event – people look forward to it, even just from people watching it and supporting people running round.
You may also want to watch:
“This year was quite an emotional year as two of our helpers we lost to cancer. Peter Moyes and Adrian Ramsey were huge parts of the fun run.”
The two runners came joint first as neither wanted to beat the other so they crossed the line together.
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 Cinnabon chain coming to A14 service station
- 3 Drunk driver nearly caused head-on crash driving on wrong side of the road
- 4 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 7 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 8 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
- 9 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich ahead of rush hour
- 10 First look at iconic venue The Baths ahead of Sound City Ipswich Festival
They were Jack Grady and Matthew Snowden in 18m 11s.
The quickest ladies were Emma and Rose Mortimer, who also crossed the line together in 20m 53s.
Today’s event takes the total amount raised for the Kate Moyes Memorial Fund to nearly £120,000.
The total amount raised from the day, including personal donations and fundraising, has not yet been confirmed.