Hundreds pound the streets of Kesgrave in annual 5km fundraiser for Kate Moyes Memorial Fund
- Credit: Chloe Barry
Did you take part in the annual 5km fundraiser in Kesgrave today? If so, you could be pictured in our gallery.
Charlie Chaplin was among the characters spotted in Kesgrave today as the town held its annual 5km run.
A total of 380 people took part in the race, which raised more than £1,500 in entry fees alone for the Kate Moyes Memorial Fund at St Elizabeth Hospice.
Debbie McCallum, landlady at The Bell Inn in Kesgrave, who helps to organise the event, said: “It was a brilliant day – there were plenty of people on the sides of the roads cheering them on – it was great to see so many families out doing it.
“I think it has become an established Kesgrave event – people look forward to it, even just from people watching it and supporting people running round.
“This year was quite an emotional year as two of our helpers we lost to cancer. Peter Moyes and Adrian Ramsey were huge parts of the fun run.”
The two runners came joint first as neither wanted to beat the other so they crossed the line together.
- 1 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 2 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 3 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 4 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 First look at 172-bed student accommodation plan
- 7 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
- 8 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 9 Road closure 'chaos' for residents during fibre works
- 10 Police stop two vans overloaded by more than a ton each in Ipswich
They were Jack Grady and Matthew Snowden in 18m 11s.
The quickest ladies were Emma and Rose Mortimer, who also crossed the line together in 20m 53s.
Today’s event takes the total amount raised for the Kate Moyes Memorial Fund to nearly £120,000.
The total amount raised from the day, including personal donations and fundraising, has not yet been confirmed.