Gallery: Group shows off artistic talents
ARTISTIC work from a mental health community group has gone on show in Ipswich.Inside Out Art put on the event at St Mary at the Quay church during the weekend.
ARTISTIC work from a mental health community group has gone on show in Ipswich.
Inside Out Art put on the event at St Mary at the Quay church during the weekend.
The group offers people with mental health difficulties the opportunity to try various creative activities such as singing, sculpture, photography, drama, drumming, writing, film making and art.
Peter Watkins from the group said: “Many of the artists exhibiting have cultivated their own bold distinctive style, not conforming to any artistic convention.
“The paintings leap out at you, arresting the eye and the mind in a swirl of colour and image.
“It is probably true that the artist always reveals something of themselves in their work and many of the paintings in this exhibition were intensely personal and moving.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 4 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 5 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 6 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 8 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 9 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 10 Designer handbag stolen after car window smashed in Ipswich
“The show included a short film called 'Speak to Me' based on a poem written by an Inside Out member about the experience of being socially excluded.”
Have you put on a show? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.