Gallery: Happy Birthday - twins and triplets club in Capel St Mary celebrates 4th anniversary
- Credit: Lucy taylor
It was a case of seeing double – or even triple at Capel St Mary yesterday.
The Capel and South Suffolk Twins and Multiples Club celebrated their fourth anniversary with a fancy dress party and a surprise visit from Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
The group was first started by Christine Matthews, who has a twin brother and who was inspired by a new mum with twins from her village of Capel St Mary.
She said: “Over the years the group has grown massively. You’d be surprised how far people travel across the county, from pregnant mums expecting twins to those mums and carers of pre-school children. We normally have around 50 children and adults here each week.
“It can be a real lifeline for mums because life with multiple babies can be tricky.”
You may also want to watch:
The group was also celebrating the second birthday of triplets Fraya, Gabriella and Harriet Temple.
One organiser of the group Fiona Farrell and mum to twin boys, Connor and Liam, two, said: “It is a very welcoming group. A lot of mums make friends for life. We are kindred spirits.”
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
The group also runs an antenatal class for mums expecting multiple babies at Ipswich Hospital. The group meets every Wednesday from 10am to 12pm at Capel Community Hall. Anyone is welcome to attend.