Gallery: Happy Birthday - twins and triplets club in Capel St Mary celebrates 4th anniversary
- Credit: Lucy taylor
It was a case of seeing double – or even triple at Capel St Mary yesterday.
The Capel and South Suffolk Twins and Multiples Club celebrated their fourth anniversary with a fancy dress party and a surprise visit from Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
The group was first started by Christine Matthews, who has a twin brother and who was inspired by a new mum with twins from her village of Capel St Mary.
She said: “Over the years the group has grown massively. You’d be surprised how far people travel across the county, from pregnant mums expecting twins to those mums and carers of pre-school children. We normally have around 50 children and adults here each week.
“It can be a real lifeline for mums because life with multiple babies can be tricky.”
The group was also celebrating the second birthday of triplets Fraya, Gabriella and Harriet Temple.
One organiser of the group Fiona Farrell and mum to twin boys, Connor and Liam, two, said: “It is a very welcoming group. A lot of mums make friends for life. We are kindred spirits.”
- 1 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 2 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 5 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 6 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 7 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 8 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 Men charged with heroin and crack cocaine offences in Ipswich
The group also runs an antenatal class for mums expecting multiple babies at Ipswich Hospital. The group meets every Wednesday from 10am to 12pm at Capel Community Hall. Anyone is welcome to attend.