Gallery: Historic pastimes, classic cars and a carnival atmosphere are some of the pictures that made the headlines
- Credit: Archant
Our weekly feature looking back at the photos behind this week’s top stories.
Crowds gathered tin Ipswich for the Celebrate Ipswich Festival, with various events staged throughout the week including a family film screening on the Cornhill on Monday.
Schools across Ipswich bucked the national trend and posted impressive GCSE results.
It is 50 years since the last trolleybus ran in Ipswich from the Cornhill to the Priory Heath depot. To mark the anniversary, the recently-restored trolleybus No. 105 will be enjoying pride of place at the Ipswich Maritime Festival this weekend.
Eye-catching and colourful customised cars lined Felixstowe seafront providing a spectacular display for residents and visitors alike.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich Town duo Scott Loach and Cole Skuse urged Blues supporters to “have faith in the strikers we’ve got” after fans voiced their concern over a perceived lack of firepower at the club.
Jordan Adekunle – the 17-year-old winger who impressed against the Blues during a cameo appearance for League One side Crawley Town in pre-season – has signed a one-year deal following a trial period and young fans went to Portman Road to watch training.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 10 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich