Gallery: How well do you know Ipswich? Can you tell us where these photos were taken?
- Credit: cont
Ipswich has an image problem. It doesn’t have the same attraction as places like Norwich, Cambridge or even Bury St Edmunds when it comes to attracting visitors.
But now there’s a new bid to bring in visitors from across the region by featuring images of the town that may have passed you by.
“We know a place where . . . “ is a new campaign that has been launched by the town’s Business Improvement District company Ipswich Central and features a video and selection of photographs that will be central to an ongoing campaign to bring in more visitors.
So how well do you know Ipswich? Can you tell us where the pictures in our gallery?
Some may be obvious, featuring some of the town’s most iconic buildings or events. However others are part of hidden Ipswich, or may feature items that people had no idea were on sale in the town.
The video, which can be viewed on our website, focuses on the more unexpected features of Ipswich – but only reveals where it is in the final frame.
It will be used by Ipswich Central to promote the town over the summer and could also be shown at independent cinemas in the region.
You may also want to watch:
The aim is to show that Ipswich has much to offer visitors – historic buildings, a modern Waterfront, fine restaurants, theatres, and independent shops.
So what are these pictures of? Click here to submit your guesses.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster