Gallery: Hundreds of people take part in Felixstowe Fun Run and raise funds for charity
HUNDREDS of people have pounded the streets of Felixstowe to raise funds for good causes.
This year’s Felixstowe Fun Run, which is organised by the Rotary Club, attracted 632 runners including teams and individuals.
The glorious sunshine and warm temperatures also attracted hundreds more to the seafront to cheer on the people taking part.
The run, which took place yesterday and started from the Spa Pavilion, was a testing mile round route along the seafront and up and down the cliffs, with people challenged to do as many laps as possible in an hour.
Mark Davis, one of the organisers, said: “I think it exceeded everybody’s expectations.
“The atmosphere was fantastic and we had a lot of people in fancy dress. It was a great success, a lot of hard work, but very successful.”
The exact amount of money raised from the event is not yet known but it is hoped that about £15,000 will be raised for local, national and international charities.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 3 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 4 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 5 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 6 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 7 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 8 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 9 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 10 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
The main beneficiary for this year’s run is the Felixstowe-based Level 2 Youth Project, which specialises in after-school and holiday activities for children.