Gallery: Ipswich rocks as music festival continues
- Credit: Archant
Okay, the weather wasn’t great, especially the first day when I thought I may have to fashion a boat out of discarded rubbish and start gathering the artists two by two.
But if you were at Blinkbox Music East Coast Live yesterday or were heading to McBusted today you’ll know it didn’t stop anybody enjoying some of the biggest names in pop.
I saw grey-haired grans get down with the trumpets during Rizzle Kicks’ energetic set and youngsters risk permanently damaging their vocal chords when Union J and The Vamps came on stage.
An estimated 30,000-plus had packed into Ipswich’s Chantry Park, with tens of thousands more heading to Chantry Park today.
Alexa Goddard ignored the torrential downpour, getting the crowd going and setting the tone for the acts to follow. New groups Rixton and Neon Jungle made the most of their sets too.
You may also want to watch:
It was great to see Katy B back and the engaging Jason Derulo made sure we all kept warm by encouraging us to “wiggle it”.
The Saturdays deserved applause for their cold weather defying outfits alone with Jessie J’s electric set highlighting why she was the headliner.
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 9 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 10 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
Owning the stage from the first note, everybody was on their feet as Jessie really showed why she’s one of the biggest names in showbusiness right now.
Making sure we weren’t too wet and cold, we joined her to sing happy birthday to one of her crew before dancing the rest of the night away.
Listen to my chats with some of the acts by visiting @WhatsonWayne on Twitter and clicking the links.