Gallery: Ipswich Town stars Aaron Cresswell, Paul Taylor and Ryan Tunnicliffe spread festive cheer at children’s ward of Ipswich Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Children on a hospital ward received an early Christmas present when Ipswich Town footballers and staff dropped by bearing gifts.
Blues boss Mick McCarthy was joined by players Aaron Cresswell, Ryan Tunnicliffe and Paul Taylor in spreading festive cheer at the Bergholt children’s ward at Ipswich Hospital yesterday.
Presents were handed over to the youngsters and their families in a two-hour stopover at the Heath Road site after Town players donated cash for this year’s Christmas visit. The East of England Co-op helped source the gifts.
Speaking on behalf of the players, Blues captain Carlos Edwards said: “Speaking personally, I know how difficult it is to see your children in hospital at any time, let alone at Christmas.
“The visits we make to hospitals and hospices give us a chance to show our appreciation for the fantastic work the staff do. Hopefully we can bring a smile to the children’s faces with a few presents.”
You may also want to watch:
Jade Cole, a public relations manager at Ipswich Town, said: “The players generously donate money to buy gifts for the patients, wards and hospices at the six venues we visit at this time of year.”
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood