Gallery: Just a few hours left to sign up for Midnight Walk taking place in Ipswich on Saturday night
Applications for this Saturday’s Midnight Walk in aid of St Elizabeth Hospice close at 5pm tomorrow.
About 1,400 men and women have already registered to walk or run around Ipswich town centre – the event starts and ends at Ipswich Town Football Club.
The event has been running since 2008 - and our gallery looks back at some of the highlights from previous events.
This year’s participants have the option to take on a five, eight or 13-mile route, all of which go past the hospice. This time everybody who takes part will have the opportunity to hang a personalised tag on the Tree of Remembrance in memory of a loved one.
Gavin Lamb, the event organiser, said: “It’s set to be a fantastic night on Saturday and we’re all very excited.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s always such an incredible atmosphere at the football club and it’s such an amazing sight, seeing hundreds of people dressed up and ready to walk or run many miles to raise money for their local hospice.
“Some have been touched by hospice care, others just want a fun night out or a fitness challenge – but for one night only, they all come together to be part of our brilliant event, for one cause – and that’s a wonderful thing.”
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 5 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 6 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
St Elizabeth Hospice works with people living with a progressive illness in east Suffolk – it costs millions of pounds to run every year.
Registration for the Midnight Walk, which will close at 5pm today, is £15 and includes a T-shirt, medal and a hot chocolate.
To sign up, visit www.midnightwalkipswich.co.uk or, alternatively, call 01473 707043.