Gallery: Luke Durbin’s childhood in pictures
BROTHER and sister Luke and Alicia Durbin shared a special bond.
Speaking in the weeks following his disappearance, Alicia, who was 17 at the time, said the pair often confiding in each other and sharing a real passion for music.
Alicia, of Hollesley, revealed they shared a real passion for music.
However, despite their closeness she said she was stumped as to why he disappeared and had wracked her brains trying to find a reason.
The Farlingaye High School student said: “It doesn’t make sense, none of it makes sense.
“It keeps going through my head that it shouldn’t be happening to my family.”
Luke went missing on May 11, 2006 following a night out in Ipswich with friends. He was reported missing to police by his mother on May 13, 2006.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Ipswich family's visa nightmare leaves them fearing separation
- 5 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 6 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 7 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 8 Suffolk DJ 'couldn't believe' call to perform before Diana Ross
- 9 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 10 Ipswich Microshops celebrate 'whirlwind' of a first year
Extensive enquiries have taken place over the past six years and in 2010 the investigation was taken over by the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team.
This morning, Lisa Miller, a spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary, said: “Officers from the Joint Norfolk and Suffolk Major Investigation Team arrested a 40-year-old man at an address in east Ipswich this morning.
“He has been arrested on suspicion of the murder of Luke Durbin and is currently being held in custody at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
“Officers are carrying out a search of the address in east Ipswich.”