Gallery: Photographic memories from 1977
WE’VE got to 1977 in our chronological look through the Evening Star picture archives.
There was plenty going on that year and we hope these pictures spark some happy memories.
Today we have pictures of Ipswich Co-op Music Festival winners in April, Bucklesham Players’ production of Cinderella in January, the cook at Langer School, Felixstowe retiring in
November, prime minister James Callaghan on a visit to Ipswich in March, rail enthusiasts waiting to photograph the centenary train at Ipswich Station in April, Deben High School, Felixstowe, winning the National School Canoe championships in April and Halifax Primary School’s Stone Age experiment in May.
Do you recognise yourself or a friend or loved one in any of the photos, and did you take part in any of the events featured in this week’s trip down memory lane?
You may also want to watch:
As ever, if you have any memories you wish to share with Evening Star readers, drop us a line at the addresses below and we’ll feature your contributions at a later date.
- Do you remember these events from the Evening Star picture archives? Write with your memories to: Sharon Clark, Photographic Memories, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail her at email@example.com
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 9 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 10 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire