Gallery: Rainbow run’s a riot of colour as fundraisers get messy for hospice cause
- Credit: Archant
Fundraisers made a colourful dash for charity cash as participation doubled for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices’ second paint-splattered party in Christchurch Park.
More than £20,000 is estimated to have been raised from the charity event, which took place under glorious Sunday sunshine in Ipswich.
Hundreds turned out to get pelted with paint as they walked, jogged and ran round the five-kilometre course.
Events intern, Kesha Allen said: “We had an amazing turnout and the weather was on our side. It was great to see so many families come along to support the runners.
“We had people getting splattered with powder paint by colour pirates – and some ninjas. Then there’s the big finale party where everyone gets covered in paint.”
The Colour Dash was officially started by seven-year-old Euan Morley, who is supported by EACH at its Treehouse hospice, and whose family also took part in the run.
Dashers were met at the finish line by the pulsating sound of samba, while a number of US Air Force personnel from RAF Lakenheath acted as marshals.
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 8 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 9 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 10 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
Patsy Johnson-Cisse, EACH Suffolk fundraiser, said: “This is a real community event with a fantastic atmosphere. It’s such a fun way for people to enjoy themselves and raise money for their local children’s hospice.
“We had families with pushchairs going round and companies entering teams. A big shout out should go to all our volunteers – and Ipswich Borough staff have been brilliant.”
EACH Colour Dashes are also planned in Saffron Walden and Bury St Edmunds in September. Visit each.org.uk for more.