Gallery: School children bring characters to life for World Book Day
Harry Potter, Where’s Wally and Batman were just some of the nation’s favourite literary characters roaming the school halls of Suffolk.
Pupils dressed up as characters from their favourite books, comics and nursery rhymes to celebrate World Book Day yesterday.
The annual event is a celebration of reading – and pupils at Nacton Primary School, Orwell Park, Birchwood Primary, Shotley Primary and Chelmondiston Primary were among those to enjoy a number of activities to mark the occasion.
Steve Cloke, headteacher at Birchwood Primary School in Martlesham, said: “It’s been great fun and it has been nice to remind them that books don’t need to be recharged, you can just pick them up and read them.
“We had over 30 Where’s Wally characters and a good splash of Harry Potters and various other famous book characters.
You may also want to watch:
“Throughout the day they have been doing lots of activities and they’ve also been reviewing some of their favourite books.”
Pupils at Nacton Primary School dressed up as some of their favourite nursery rhyme characters, while children at Orwell Park took part in a Mastermind-style quiz and dressed up as their favourite heroes from the book world.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 7 Father and son admit keeping banned weapons at Woodbridge home
- 8 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 9 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 10 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
? Did your school celebrate World Book Day? Send us your pictures to Star News, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com