Gallery: Sports week is a success for Felixstowe’s Grange Community Primary School
- Credit: Su Anderson
An Olympic-style games week has taken place at a Suffolk primary school with a combination of races and team games being held.
Grange Community Primary School in Felixstowe held a sports week last month culminating in a morning of athletic competitions.
As part of the week GB triple jumper Nathan Fox visited the school and took children through a fitness circuit testing their abilities.
Deputy Mayoress, Jan Garfield, opened the morning of games, watched by parents. Gina Hughes, acting headteacher, said she was “very proud” of all the children’s efforts.
“This is the first sports day I have been involved with, at Grange Primary School,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“The children all tried their best and it was lovely to see them enjoying all the sporting activities on offer.
“Thanks to all the staff especially Mrs Amanda Gibson for organising such a successful sports week.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties