Gallery: Students inspire youngsters at Ipswich Access All Arts workshop at Town Hall
An Ipswich art student has said she hopes youngsters left an all-day painting workshop and exhibition feeling inspired.
Dozens of families flocked to the bi-monthly Ipswich Access All Arts open day at the town hall today as second-year University Campus Suffolk fine art students Hannah Maynard and Louise Rees-Stavros helped mould young creative minds.
The two students displayed some of their artwork, while around 30 paintings or sculpture works made by the public during the workshop are set to go on display at the town hall at a later stage.
The event was organised by the pair as part of their fine art course.
Miss Maynard, 27, said a lot of the work centred on famous Ipswich landmarks.
“We had a sculpture of the Giles statue, images of the docks, and one girl, who really got in to it, drew an image of the Fore Street swimming pool.
“A lot of young families came and I hope the children were inspired. I think we definitely set a few ideas.”
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 8 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 9 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed
She added: “A lot of the work was Ipswich-inspired, and it was good to see the town shown in a positive light. There is a lot of cool stuff going on in Ipswich and it was good to see that in the paintings.”
The work produced by the public is set to go on display in the town hall’s Gallery Three later this month.