Suffolk's 'funniest' performer's promise a night of laughs with new play
- Credit: Gallery Players
An Ipswich theatre has returned in a brand new location and is promising "laughs" for the town after the year we've all had.
The Gallery Players, an amateur dramatics society, returns in its 36th anniversary year with the Mystery of Edwin Drood at its brand new location - the Gallery Studio Theatre in St George's Street.
Charles Dickens' mystery was unfinished so the audience gets to decide which of the many possible suspects committed murder.
Wade Ablitt, director of Edwin Drood and on the steering group for the Gallery Players, said: "The show is incredibly exciting as not only is it terrific to be performing a fun musical comedy after the last few years we’ve all had with a cast of Suffolk’s funniest and most vocally gifted performers!
"But it’s also our first production in our brand new home. The Gallery Studio Theatre and we hope audiences will really embrace the new space and come and laugh with us for a few hours!"
You may also want to watch:
It runs from September 8 until Saturday, September 18 with performances starting at 7.45 pm.
- 1 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 2 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 3 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 4 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 5 Diesel trains from Ipswich to get fuel delivered by road
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 New River Church opens its doors on Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 Revealed: Waterfront flats to be wrapped in 'breathable' material while cladding replaced
- 9 Church ripe for homes conversion is under offer
- 10 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park