‘Gas leak’ shuts Barclays in Woodbridge Road
- Credit: Archant
Barclays bank in Ipswich’s Woodbridge Road is currently closed due to a suspected gas leak.
A notice in the window states the branch is not open due to a “gas incident”.
Visitors eager to use the bank have been turned away for the time being.
It is not clear yet if any emergency crews have been called to deal with the incident.
No further details about the closure have emerged yet via official channels.
However, the notice does point customers in the direction of other Barclays banks in Princes Street and in Woodbridge and Felixstowe.
The note reads: “Apologies, the branch is currently not open due to a gas incident.
- 1 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 2 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 3 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 4 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 5 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 6 'Incredibly proud': 11-year-old saves classmate choking on chicken nugget
- 7 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
- 8 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 9 'Fantastic' new café at Needham Lake beauty spot opens its doors
- 10 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
“We will open as soon as it is deemed safe to do so.”
• Stay with us for updates on this developing story as we receive more information.