‘Gas leak’ shuts Barclays in Woodbridge Road
- Credit: Archant
Barclays bank in Ipswich’s Woodbridge Road is currently closed due to a suspected gas leak.
A notice in the window states the branch is not open due to a “gas incident”.
Visitors eager to use the bank have been turned away for the time being.
It is not clear yet if any emergency crews have been called to deal with the incident.
No further details about the closure have emerged yet via official channels.
You may also want to watch:
However, the notice does point customers in the direction of other Barclays banks in Princes Street and in Woodbridge and Felixstowe.
The note reads: “Apologies, the branch is currently not open due to a gas incident.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 4 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 6 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 7 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 8 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 9 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 10 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
“We will open as soon as it is deemed safe to do so.”
• Stay with us for updates on this developing story as we receive more information.