Gas leak disrupts train services
TRAIN services to London are running on a limited service today following a gas leak near Colchester station.An Essex police spokesman said the leak occurred in North Station Road, Colchester at 10.
By Amanda Cresswell
TRAIN services to London are running on a limited service today following a gas leak near Colchester station.
An Essex police spokesman said the leak occurred in North Station Road, Colchester at 10.45am and is believed to have been caused by workmen who fractured a gas main.
Peter Meades of Anglia Railways said the station at Colchester was evacuated as a precautionary measure.
You may also want to watch:
Temporary bus services were operating between Ipswich and Marks Tey until 4.30 pm when the line re-opened.
Mr Meades said: "We are now running on a slightly reduced service because of all the disruption."
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 6 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 7 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 8 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them