Gas leak disrupts train services
TRAIN services to London are running on a limited service today following a gas leak near Colchester station.An Essex police spokesman said the leak occurred in North Station Road, Colchester at 10.
By Amanda Cresswell
TRAIN services to London are running on a limited service today following a gas leak near Colchester station.
An Essex police spokesman said the leak occurred in North Station Road, Colchester at 10.45am and is believed to have been caused by workmen who fractured a gas main.
Peter Meades of Anglia Railways said the station at Colchester was evacuated as a precautionary measure.
You may also want to watch:
Temporary bus services were operating between Ipswich and Marks Tey until 4.30 pm when the line re-opened.
Mr Meades said: "We are now running on a slightly reduced service because of all the disruption."
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 4 Ipswich landlord fined £4K for leaving mountain of rubbish outside property
- 5 Police investigate illegal Kesgrave bike jumps
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 7 Man, 71, downloaded child porn after accident affected his sex life
- 8 Police deal with spate of incidents in Ipswich
- 9 Dog to be put down after biting three people in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich woman drove at 78mph during police chase around town