Generous donation boosts Terri appeal
A GENEROUS car expert has today helped fuel the Terri Calvesbert appeal with a whopping donation of £5,000.
A GENEROUS car expert has today helped boost the Terri Calvesbert appeal with a whopping donation of £5,000.
The appeal was set up after 11-year-old Terri suffered 85 per cent burns to her body in a horrific fire in 1998.
Since then it has raised a staggering £350,000 to help the brave youngster as she grows up.
And after reading about Terri's day of joy when her dad, Paul, and new step-mum, Nicky Lowry, got married earlier this month, businessman John Collins was so touched that he wrote a cheque for £5,000.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Collins, owner of Ferrari specialists Talacrest, which recently helped DJ Chris Evans buy a car for more than £5million, said: “I read the story and thought it she was a very deserving girl.
“It was the first time I had read about her and it was very moving.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 'I miss him to bits' – Ipswich fundraiser for Alton Water teen deaths
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 Decision expected on demolition of former Ipswich snooker hall
“I thought 'what a brave little girl'.
“Occasionally I see something that is like that and I send a cheque.
“I don't think people do enough for others. I hope the money I've given will help.”
The whopping cheque is one of the biggest single donations the appeal has received.
The cash raised will help Terri, who has already endured more than 46 operations, to live a normal life.
To make a donation to the Terri Calvesbert appeal write to c/o Michelle Dorell, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, Suffolk IP4 1AN.
Have you been moved by Terri's story? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com.