George's last interview
GEORGE Burley gave his final interview as Ipswich Town's boss me today just minutes before his sacking.Burley's final interview came just minutes before his sacking but in it he gave me no indication that he was on his way out.
GEORGE Burley gave his final interview as Ipswich Town's boss me today just minutes before his sacking.
Burley's final interview came just minutes before his sacking but in it he gave me no indication that he was on his way out.
He dropped no clues as he talked about the fitness of players and he revealed that Jim Magilton was a certain non-starter against his former club.
It was very much a routine conversation, along similar lines to the many hundreds I have had with him over the years.
My parting shot to him was: "George, this is a difficult time. Good luck tomorrow. I'm speaking as a mate now – keep your chin up. A good win will make everything look better again."
He replied "Cheers Dave, see you tomorrow" and it seemed a case of business as usual.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 7 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
- 8 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 10 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
Now the guessing game will start as to who succeeds Burley in the hot seat, with first team coach Tony Mowbray in caretaker charge for tomorrow's must-win game.