New ‘healthy’ kebab house German Doner Kebabs is opening in Ipswich soon
- Credit: Archant
Kebab fans will be excited to hear a new fast food outlet that prides itself on making top quality versions of the takeaway staple is opening in Ipswich soon.
Called German Doner Kebab, the retailer claims to have created a healthy and nutritionally balanced approach to traditional kebabs.
It already has branches across the UK in cities like Birmingham, Edinburgh, Reading and Ilford – bosses hope to open the Ipswich store next month.
The shop is due to open in Westgate Street, opposite Love Thy Burger, in unit number 39.
Elsewhere in Ipswich, preparations are underway to move HMV to the top unit in Sailmakers, which department store Baldwins used to occupy.
Superdrug will move into HMV’s vacant unit while Baldwins will move downstairs.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Adam Leeder, who represents the Alexandra ward, said when the news was announced: “It is great news for the town, we don’t want any shops on the high street to be empty.
“I think what is really important is the work coming up on the Cornhill to spruce up the town centre.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Ipswich's infection rate falls — but more care home Covid deaths reported
“It will make sure that Ipswich is an attractive place to do business and to open up a new shop. The HMV is right in the heart of the town so it is good news it is being filled.”