Giant plant takes over home
A GIANT 14-foot plant is rapidly taking over the hallway of an 83-year-old – 25 years after she planted it in a pot at just eight inches long.Pearl King, of Papermill Lane, Ipswich, said: "I do not believe you should move a plant if it is doing well, so I have left it where it is.
A GIANT 14-foot plant is rapidly taking over the hallway of an 83-year-old – 25 years after she planted it in a pot at just eight inches long.
Pearl King, of Papermill Lane, Ipswich, said: "I do not believe you should move a plant if it is doing well, so I have left it where it is."
"The hall is 12 feet long and it has completely swamped it. It is about 14 feet long and it is standing in a large pot on a table in the hall."
The plant has sprouted out all over the hall and has had to be tied to the walls by Miss King.
She said: "It is so enormous and it just grows and grows. I have to give it a pint of water every day."
However, the identity of the mystery plant is still unknown.
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 5 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 6 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 7 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 8 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 9 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
- 10 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
Miss King said: "I don't know what the plant is called and neither does anyone I know. I am a member of a gardening club but I don't have a clue."
She added that there were no plans to get rid of the plant, but wasn't sure how she would move it even if she wanted to.