Giant plant takes over home
A GIANT 14-foot plant is rapidly taking over the hallway of an 83-year-old – 25 years after she planted it in a pot at just eight inches long.Pearl King, of Papermill Lane, Ipswich, said: "I do not believe you should move a plant if it is doing well, so I have left it where it is.
A GIANT 14-foot plant is rapidly taking over the hallway of an 83-year-old – 25 years after she planted it in a pot at just eight inches long.
Pearl King, of Papermill Lane, Ipswich, said: "I do not believe you should move a plant if it is doing well, so I have left it where it is."
"The hall is 12 feet long and it has completely swamped it. It is about 14 feet long and it is standing in a large pot on a table in the hall."
The plant has sprouted out all over the hall and has had to be tied to the walls by Miss King.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "It is so enormous and it just grows and grows. I have to give it a pint of water every day."
However, the identity of the mystery plant is still unknown.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 5 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 6 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 7 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 8 Man accused of burgling GP surgeries and pharmacy appears in court
- 9 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
Miss King said: "I don't know what the plant is called and neither does anyone I know. I am a member of a gardening club but I don't have a clue."
She added that there were no plans to get rid of the plant, but wasn't sure how she would move it even if she wanted to.