'Giant' tree blocks road
A FALLEN tree in a Suffolk village is expected to take up to four hours to clear, police said today. The tree, which is lying across Butts Road in Playford, near Woodbridge, toppled at about 12.
A FALLEN tree in a Suffolk village is expected to take up to four hours to clear, police said today.
The tree, which is lying across Butts Road in Playford, near Woodbridge, toppled at about 12.45pm, no one was injured.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said the road was blocked and telephone lines had also been brought down.
She added: “It is a very large tree and will take three to four hours to saw up.”
You may also want to watch:
Playford resident Anne Bevan said the tree was about 60ft high.
She said: “It is quite spectacular and it could be heard falling about a mile away. I had driven under it just 15 minutes before it went down. The road is totally blocked and it has fallen into a neighbour's garden.”
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out