Girl, 11, injured in bus accident
AN 11-year-old girl suffered serious head injuries today when she was in collision with a bus in Ipswich.The accident happened at around 8.45am near to the junction of Chelsworth Avenue and Westerfield Road.
AN 11-year-old girl suffered serious head injuries today when she was in collision with a bus in Ipswich.
The accident happened at around 8.45am near to the junction of Chelsworth Avenue and Westerfield Road.
The youngster took the full impact of the collision, which left a dent on the front grill of the bus. Tests were today being carried on the girl's injuries at Ipswich Hospital.
A spokesman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust confirmed one ambulance had attended the scene
He said: "We were called to a collision between a bus and a child at 8.45am. It involved an 11-year-old girl, who was conscious and breathing when we arrived.
"She suffered head injuries which are not thought to be life threatening. She was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance."
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
The bus was an Ipswich Buses service, number 119, which runs between Ipswich and Otley College.
Malcolm Robson, managing director of Ipswich Buses, said: "I got a phone call at about 8.50 this morning and have been out to the scene.
"At this stage, I have nothing else to add, we will have to wait until the police have carried out their investigations."
A police spokeswoman said Westerfield Road was expected to remain closed for some time while police carried out investigations.
The fire service were not called.
Anyone who saw the incident is asked to contact Suffolk police traffic unit on 01473 613500