Girl, 14, dies of drug overdose
A 14-YEAR-OLD girl from Lowestoft died today following a suspected drug overdose.The teenager died at just before 8.30am at the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston having been admitted to the Accident and Emergency department yesterday.
A 14-YEAR-OLD girl from Lowestoft died today following a suspected drug overdose.
The teenager died at just before 8.30am at the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston having been admitted to the Accident and Emergency department yesterday.
A 22-year-old woman and a 35-year-old man, both from Lowestoft, were arrested yesterday on suspicion of supplying a controlled drug.
Both are today being quizzed by officers at Lowestoft police station.
You may also want to watch:
Police were alerted to the incident by hospital staff after the girl was admitted to the hospital at just before 3pm yesterday.
A post mortem examination was due to be carried out today by a Home Office pathologist.
- 1 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 2 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 8 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
- 9 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 10 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
Police are not releasing the name of the girl.
The girl's family has been informed.