Girl, 8, in critical condition
AN eight-year-old girl was in a critical condition in hospital today.Police named the youngster involved in the accident in Ipswich Road, Stowmarket, as Chelsea Clarke, of Stowmarket.
AN eight-year-old girl was in a critical condition in hospital today.
Police named the youngster involved in the accident in Ipswich Road, Stowmarket, as Chelsea Clarke, of Stowmarket.
Chelsea was walking when she was in a collision with a VW Golf car on Friday.
She was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, with serious head injuries. Her condition was described as critical.
Meanwhile four people were taken to Ipswich Hospital after a head on crash involving two cars on the A12 at Little Glemham.
The accident happened just after 5.50pm yesterday.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 3 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 4 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 5 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 9 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
One patient was airlifted to hospital and three were taken by ambulance.
Firefighters were called to release three people trapped in their vehicles.
There were also delays on the A14 this morning after a minor collision between two lorries.
The accident happened on the westbound carriageway at around 6.30am, close to the last slip road off to Trimley.
The inside lane was blocked while the vehicles were moved.
No-one was injured and the road was cleared by 8.40am.