Girl, 8, in critical condition
AN eight-year-old girl was in a critical condition in hospital today.Police named the youngster involved in the accident in Ipswich Road, Stowmarket, as Chelsea Clarke, of Stowmarket.
AN eight-year-old girl was in a critical condition in hospital today.
Police named the youngster involved in the accident in Ipswich Road, Stowmarket, as Chelsea Clarke, of Stowmarket.
Chelsea was walking when she was in a collision with a VW Golf car on Friday.
She was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital, in Cambridge, with serious head injuries. Her condition was described as critical.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile four people were taken to Ipswich Hospital after a head on crash involving two cars on the A12 at Little Glemham.
The accident happened just after 5.50pm yesterday.
- 1 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 3 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 7 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 8 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 9 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
One patient was airlifted to hospital and three were taken by ambulance.
Firefighters were called to release three people trapped in their vehicles.
There were also delays on the A14 this morning after a minor collision between two lorries.
The accident happened on the westbound carriageway at around 6.30am, close to the last slip road off to Trimley.
The inside lane was blocked while the vehicles were moved.
No-one was injured and the road was cleared by 8.40am.