Girl cut by knife-wielding mugger
A TEENAGE girl was left shaken after a mugger attacked her with a knife in broad daylight.The 17-year-old was walking down Beaufort Street in Ipswich when the man approached her and demanded she give him money.
A TEENAGE girl was left shaken after a mugger attacked her with a knife in broad daylight.
The 17-year-old was walking down Beaufort Street in Ipswich when the man approached her and demanded she give him money.
As he searched her pockets, he was disturbed by what is thought to have been a car engine nearby.
The attacker then lunged forward with the knife and cut the victim on her arm, before running off towards Cumberland Towers.
She was left with a 1.5inch cut to her left arm.
The man is described as having olive coloured skin, aged in his late 20s, about 5ft 9ins tall, of medium build, with dark brown short hair and bushy eyebrows. He was wearing a white round neck T-shirt and had spots or lumps on the left side of his face.
- 1 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 2 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 6 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 7 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 8 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 9 Major milestone marked as Ipswich Hospital south entrance reopens
- 10 'Mum had the last Christmas she deserved' - Ipswich hospice helps families
The incident happened at 3.05pm last Friday.
A police spokesman said: “The victim wants this offender to be caught. This happened in the middle of the day so there must be lots of witnesses. If anyone has any information they should get in touch immediately.”
Anyone with information should call DC Jim Booth at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.