Girl's terror after car crash
AN Ipswich mum says her daughter has been unable to sleep properly since a woman fell under the wheels of their car.Mandy Ford was travelling with her 12-year-old daughter along Stoke Bridge in Ipswich when the woman fell into the road.
AN Ipswich mum says her daughter has been unable to sleep properly since a woman fell under the wheels of their car.
Mandy Ford was travelling with her 12-year-old daughter along Stoke Bridge in Ipswich when the woman fell into the road.
Mrs Ford's two older daughters and granddaughter were also in the Mercedes car when the accident happened at around 11am on Saturday morning.
The 40-year-old from Station Street said: “We were on the way home and approaching the traffic lights on Stoke Bridge.
“The lights were green but I was aware of two women standing at the side of the road.
“Suddenly one of them fell forward and the next thing I knew she was under my car.”
- 1 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 2 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 3 Armed police arrest two 16-year-olds on suspicion of firearms offences
- 4 10,000 listeners tune in to new Suffolk radio station
- 5 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 6 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 7 'Depraved' Felixstowe man jailed for child sex offences
- 8 'It's very frustrating': Anger as £150 stolen from charity shop in Felixstowe
- 9 'Dire for hospitality in Ipswich' - grill owner hits out at hardship grants
- 10 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
Mrs Ford stopped the car immediately but was unable to avoid hitting the woman, who did not suffer serious injuries from the collision.
She later received a phone call from the woman telling her not to blame herself for the accident.
The collision has upset Mrs Ford's 12-year-old daughter who has not slept well since Saturday.
“She keeps waking up crying in the middle of the night,” said Mrs Ford.
“It scared us all when it happened but she was frightened to death.”
Police are regarding the collision as an accident and will not be investigating the incident further.