Girl suffers head injuries in car smash
AMBULANCE crews rushed a teenage girl to hospital after she suffered head injuries in a collision with a car.The 14-year-old pedestrian was involved in the accident by traffic lights in Henley Road, Ipswich.
AMBULANCE crews rushed a teenage girl to hospital after she suffered head injuries in a collision with a car.
The 14-year-old pedestrian was involved in the accident by traffic lights in Henley Road, Ipswich.
Initial reports suggested the teenager may have been seriously injured in the collision.
But a spokeswoman for the East Anglian Ambulance service said her injuries were not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The girl was still conscious and breathing when paramedics reached her at about 2.20pm today.
A community paramedic in the area at the time was called to the scene and was joined soon after by an ambulance crew.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 3 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 4 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 8 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 10 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
No further details were released about the accident. And although a full report on the nature of the girl's condition was not available, she was said to have suffered "moderate" head injuries.