Girl suffers head injuries in car smash
AMBULANCE crews rushed a teenage girl to hospital after she suffered head injuries in a collision with a car.The 14-year-old pedestrian was involved in the accident by traffic lights in Henley Road, Ipswich.
AMBULANCE crews rushed a teenage girl to hospital after she suffered head injuries in a collision with a car.
The 14-year-old pedestrian was involved in the accident by traffic lights in Henley Road, Ipswich.
Initial reports suggested the teenager may have been seriously injured in the collision.
But a spokeswoman for the East Anglian Ambulance service said her injuries were not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The girl was still conscious and breathing when paramedics reached her at about 2.20pm today.
A community paramedic in the area at the time was called to the scene and was joined soon after by an ambulance crew.
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 5 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Receptionist spent 40 days and nights living in Ipswich animal shelter
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
No further details were released about the accident. And although a full report on the nature of the girl's condition was not available, she was said to have suffered "moderate" head injuries.