Girlfriend standing by lover who knifed her
IPSWICH: A jealous man who slashed his girlfriend across the chest with a knife during a row has been jailed for 12 months.
Ramundas Stongvilas became upset when Ona Navitskiene left their room at a house in Bramford Road, Ipswich to have a cigarette and a chat with other residents in a garden at the back of the property.
When she returned to their room Stongvilas, who had been drinking, hit her in the face several times before pushing her back on to a bed and slashing her across the chest with a knife.
The 7cm wound started bleeding and Ms Navitskiene had shouted at him and left the room after grabbing a towel. When she returned to the room later the same evening Stongvilas was in bed asleep and she had got into bed with him, said Michael Crimp, prosecuting.
The next day Stongvilas, 32, had apologised and asked for her forgiveness but that evening he had started drinking again and accused her of cheating on him. He hit her in the face with his fists and Ms Navitskiene had run from the room and the police were called.
She was taken to hospital by ambulance and in addition to the slash wound to her chest she was found to have bruising and swelling to her face.
Stongvilas told police he had been drinking and couldn’t remember what happened.
- 1 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 2 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 3 'Severe' delays on A12 outside Ipswich after crash closes road
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 6 Tree works to begin after residents left 'fed up' for two years
- 7 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 8 BT applies to install eight Street Hubs in Ipswich
- 9 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 10 Tributes to Ipswich's 'Mr Buses'
Mr Crimp said Ms Naviskiene had forgiven the defendant and had not suffered any lasting injury.
He admitted two offences of assault causing actual bodily harm and was jailed for 12 months.
Dino Barricella for Stongvilas said he had expressed remorse and he and Ms Navitskiene were keen to continue their relationship.