Girlfriend standing by lover who knifed her
IPSWICH: A jealous man who slashed his girlfriend across the chest with a knife during a row has been jailed for 12 months.
Ramundas Stongvilas became upset when Ona Navitskiene left their room at a house in Bramford Road, Ipswich to have a cigarette and a chat with other residents in a garden at the back of the property.
When she returned to their room Stongvilas, who had been drinking, hit her in the face several times before pushing her back on to a bed and slashing her across the chest with a knife.
The 7cm wound started bleeding and Ms Navitskiene had shouted at him and left the room after grabbing a towel. When she returned to the room later the same evening Stongvilas was in bed asleep and she had got into bed with him, said Michael Crimp, prosecuting.
The next day Stongvilas, 32, had apologised and asked for her forgiveness but that evening he had started drinking again and accused her of cheating on him. He hit her in the face with his fists and Ms Navitskiene had run from the room and the police were called.
You may also want to watch:
She was taken to hospital by ambulance and in addition to the slash wound to her chest she was found to have bruising and swelling to her face.
Stongvilas told police he had been drinking and couldn’t remember what happened.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 3 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 4 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
Mr Crimp said Ms Naviskiene had forgiven the defendant and had not suffered any lasting injury.
He admitted two offences of assault causing actual bodily harm and was jailed for 12 months.
Dino Barricella for Stongvilas said he had expressed remorse and he and Ms Navitskiene were keen to continue their relationship.