Glass jar found in pudding
A HORRIFIED mother-of-three has today described the moment she cut into a crumble and found a small glass jar inside it.Vicky Andrews, 30, of Waldringfield, was enjoying the last few mouthfuls of her rhubarb crumble when she discovered the tiny pot at the bottom of the container.
A HORRIFIED mother-of-three has today described the moment she cut into a crumble and found a small glass jar inside it.
Vicky Andrews, 30, of Waldringfield, was enjoying the last few mouthfuls of her rhubarb crumble when she discovered the tiny pot at the bottom of the container.
She said: "I've never seen a jar like it before and I'm really worried that it might have had something in it which I've eaten.
"It could even have had a plastic lid which might have melted in the crumble.
"I had really bad stomach pains the next day, but the doctor said he couldn't find anything wrong. I'm just really worried I could have eaten something terrible."
The pot is flower-shaped and about the size of a mini-marmalade pot. It has the words "maximum of 15 watts" on the bottom.
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 6 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 7 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms
- 8 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 9 'I can’t explain how much it hurt' - mum who lost two children leads bereavement service
- 10 Kesgrave GP bookings start online after making appointments proves hard
Ms Andrews lives with her children, Cerys, three, Tyler, five and Cory, 11.
She said: "Fortunately, only one of the kids ate any of it. Tyler tried a little bit but not that much and he seems ok now. But it could quite easily have been something that I'd served up to all three of them – what if the jar had broken in the oven?
"I usually give the dogs any of our leftovers as well, so they could have ended up swallowing it."
Ms Andrews purchased the Iceland own-brand crumble in their Felixstowe store. When she went back to complain she was told she could have a refund if she brought in the packaging, but she feels this is not enough: "It's not about money. I just want to know how it happened and make sure it doesn't happen again. You just think 'what am I going to find next time?'
"It's put me off buying it again – and I love rhubarb crumble!"
A spokesman for Iceland said: "All our own brand products are produced by reputable suppliers to our own high standards and they are audited on a regular basis.
"We take any customer concerns very seriously and always investigate any alleged problem with products.
"Our customer care department will be contacting Ms Andrew to arrange collection of the product and packaging in order that we can carry out a full investigation."