Good news on Star bedsits campaign

SPRINKLER systems will be installed in some bedsit properties following an horrific fire in which two Suffolk teenagers were killed, today's Evening Star exclusively reveals.

By Richard Cornwell

SPRINKLER systems will be installed in some bedsit properties following an horrific fire in which two Suffolk teenagers were killed, today's Evening Star exclusively reveals.

Details of the countywide project are to be unveiled soon as part of a new package of measures to improve fire safety at houses in multiple occupation.

Experts say if sprinklers had been installed at the house where Rob Giles, 18, and Will Stokes, 19, were living in Holland Road, Felixstowe, it is likely they would still be alive today.


You may also want to watch:


The pair died in a blaze caused by either a candle or a faulty TV set. Smoke engulfed their top-floor room and the teenagers never woke up.

FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus