Trains disrupted after large gorseland fire breaks out near Jimmy’s Farm
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters tackled a blaze affecting around 300 square metres of gorseland close to a family resort on the edge of Ipswich.
The fire broke out in a field at the Pannington Hall estate in Belstead – near Jimmy’s Farm – just after 3.10pm today.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent eight pumps to the scene, including its special all terrain vehicle.
A brigade spokesman said: “It’s gorseland that has gone up in flames.”
Greater Anglia is also reporting disruption to the lines between Ipswich and Manningtree – as smoke from the fire billows across the train tracks.
You may also want to watch:
Services running through the stations may be cancelled, revised or delayed by up to 60 minutes. Disruption is expected until 7pm tonight.
A stop was officially called on the incident at shortly after 5pm.
- 1 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 2 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 3 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 10 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
It comes amid a spate of wildfire in Suffolk in recent weeks due to the hot and dry weather.