Gp surgery doors to close
MEMBERS of Suffolk Coastal's Primary Care Trust have given the go-ahead to the closure of the Trimley St Mary doctor's surgery.The surgery in High Road, a satellite for Dr R A Davenport's central Felixstowe practice, has been gradually winding down for the past few months but this latest announcement marks the final stage of its closure.
MEMBERS of Suffolk Coastal's Primary Care Trust have given the go-ahead to the closure of the Trimley St Mary doctor's surgery.
The surgery in High Road, a satellite for Dr R A Davenport's central Felixstowe practice, has been gradually winding down for the past few months but this latest announcement marks the final stage of its closure.
The partners at the surgery applied for permission to close the Trimley branch due to lack of activity and the high cost of upgrading facilities.
There were also concerns for staff safety after a receptionist was the victim of persistent harassment.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking at the meeting of the Primary Care Trust yesterday , non-executive member Ann Colvill said: "The patient experience at this surgery was very good. People liked it because of the informality. It is a great pity that it is going and, in my view, it is very sad, although I do understand the reasons why it has to close."
Several members of the public and the PCT were concerned about the issue of the increased demand for a doctor's surgery in the village if the proposed development by Bidwells goes ahead.
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 6 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 7 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 9 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 10 Pair in court following suspected stolen dogs raid at West Meadows
Chairman Tony Robinson said that the decision to approve the closure did not "close the door on future resolutions, but accepted the reality of the current situation."
Patients of the surgery will now have to travel to Dr Davenport's central surgery in Hamilton Road, Felixstowe.