Grandmother's anguish over fire death

A GRIEVING Suffolk grandmother today joined forces with firefighters in bid to avoid further tragedy after the second death involving portable electric fires this year.

A GRIEVING Suffolk grandmother today joined forces with firefighters in bid to avoid further tragedy after the second death involving portable electric fires this year.

Hardly able to fight back the tears Jacinta Fox spoke out after an investigation indicated 98-year-old Ivy Orriss died as a result of sitting too close to a two bar portable heater.

The death of the pensioner, who lived just three streets away from Anton Fox's Marlow Road home in Ipswich, bears a chilling similarity to the way in which the seven-year-old lost his life five months ago.

Investigations by the fire service have revealed that her clothes or her chair almost certainly caught fire because she was sitting too close to a two bar portable electric heater.

More follows…