Great Blakenham couple’s shock after brazen burglars stole two cars from driveway while they watched TV
A couple left shaken after burglars brazenly stole two cars from their driveway in Suffolk are speaking out about the ordeal to warn others.
Gareth and Michelle Keeble, from Great Blakenham, are urging neighbours to be vigilant after a group of people took their Suzuki Grand Vitara and Seat Leon overnight on Sunday.
The pair were watching television shortly after midnight when a police officer knocked on their door.
Detectives told the couple burglars had crept in and taken their keys – and explained that officers had chased their Seat Leon, which failed to stop in Needham Market, to Stowmarket Road but the suspects escaped.
The Suzuki was later found abandoned in Old Norwich Road. Mrs Keeble said the incident has left the family shaken.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “We were shocked and frightened because they managed to get the keys out of our house without us knowing.
“They just opened the front door and it really makes you think, people really need to be careful, they need to be vigilant. It’s definitely shaken us up.
- 1 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 2 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 3 Delays expected at A14 Copdock Interchange
- 4 Fire marshals to patrol Waterfront block 24/7 and balconies could be removed
- 5 Burglars crept into Ipswich home while occupant was inside
- 6 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 7 'I love it' –shoppers and retailers hope Ipswich street closure is here to stay
- 8 Ipswich street closure could be made permanent under consultation plans
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Rogue trader steals money after offering to repair car
“It was really bizarre. We were up watching TV upstairs waiting for our son to get home.
“Our daughter came in at about midnight, she saw a car at the end of our road with a group of people in it.
“Our son told us he would not be home and 10 minutes later a police officer knocked on our door.”
Another family who live close by also reported an attempted break-in to police on the same night.
Lisa and Michael Read live close to the Keeble family – and grew suspicious when a car parked up outside their home in the early hours of Sunday morning.
Mrs Read said: “A group of people got out and started to creep towards our house.
“I think it could be the same people who stole the couple’s cars around the corner from us.
“Luckily they saw my husband so turned around quickly and ran off but it’s still a scary thing to happen.
“My little daughter has found it hard to sleep worrying that they will come back.”
Police confirmed today that their officers were investigating the theft of two cars from outside a home in Great Blakenham.
Witnesses and anyone with information should call Suffolk police on 101.
Or, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.