Great East Run 2017 - can you spot yourself in our photo gallery?
- Credit: Andy Abbott
More than 2,400 runners took part in the inaugural Great East Run today with thousands more lining the route to wave them on.
Our photographers were posted along the route, snapping photos of the runners as they made their way around the gruelling 13.1 mile course.
Can you spot yourself among the runners? Were you in the crowds cheering them on?
Setting off from the finishing line at Russell Road at 10am in three waves, the runners pounding the streets towards the town centre before making their way towards Wherstead.
Huge crowds waving banners and signs cheered them on, their support giving the runners that extra boost to the finishing line.
Philippa Morrow, project manager of the Simplyhealth Great East Run, said the event had been a huge success.
She said: “It’s been a fantastic day at the Simplyhealth Great East Run and we’d like to say a huge congratulations to the thousands of people who took part.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 7 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 8 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 9 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
- 10 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
“We would also like to say a big thank you to our key local partners who have helped to deliver a fantastic event and the hundreds of local volunteers who gave the runners an unforgettable running experience.
“We saw unprecedented demand for the Simplyhealth Great East Run this year and I would encourage anyone who wishes to enter the 2018 event to do so as soon as it opens to avoid missing out.”