Extra places available for Great East Run in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
The search is on for 10 athletes who will take part in a half-marathon to help raise vital funds for an arts charity.
Suffolk Artlink, which encourages people to use the arts to help transform their lives, has been given 10 free places in this year’s Simplyhealth Great East Run in Ipswich.
Those who enter will join 3,500 participants on September 16, who will line up in Russell Road for the 13.1-mile course, taking them through Ipswich town centre, the waterfront, and the Shotley Peninsula.
More than £1million was raised for good causes by runners who took part in the event last year.
The extra places for Suffolk Artlink come after an additional 500 spots were created for the event, which sold out five months ahead of the starting gun being fired.
You may also want to watch:
Alex Casey, Suffolk Artlink co-director, said: “By taking on the Great East Run in support of Suffolk Artlink you will be helping to bring skills, support networks, confidence and joy to your communities.”
Those who would like to take part should apply at www.suffolkartlink.org.uk/greateastrun by Friday, August 24.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests