Day Gone By: Memories from Landseer Park Great Ipswich Play Day in 1981
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people descended on Landseer Park in Ipswich for the Great Ipswich Play Day in 1981.
We sent one of our photographers along to the park to capture the fun in action.
This picture gallery looks back at the event, which took place more than three decades ago.
There was something for everyone, from a treasure hunt and face painting to trampolines, rides, stalls and multiple football tournaments.
To top off the day there was a parachute display to wow the crowds below – with brave jumpers landing in the park.
You may also want to watch:
Did you attend the Great Ipswich Play Day at Landseer Park?
Can you spot yourself or do you recognise anyone pictured in this gallery?
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 7 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 Could Ipswich Debenhams become hub for health and leisure?
- 10 Flooding expected near Ipswich Waterfront